There are many awards given out at RRHS’ graduation each year, and students are encouraged to apply for all of those for which they qualify. These applications are given out to our Secondary V students each year in their classrooms, with explanations. The criteria for the awards vary greatly, and range from ‘continuing his/her education’, to pursing education in specific fields, to high achievement in a specific subject, to citizenship and involvement in organizations, etc. Many of these awards are selected by a committee (see first application below). Other awards are given by organizations external to RRHS. These applications are listed below, and must be sent directly to the addresses on the applications. (Please note that there are deadlines for each application and that only those who apply are considered).
- RRHS Scholarship and Bursary Application Form (this general application form needs to be completed to be eligible to receive awards controlled by the RRHS Scholarships and Bursary Committee) – April 25th deadline
- Richmond County WI Bursary (open to anyone continuing their education) – May 1st deadline
- RIchmond Young WI Bursary (open to anyone continuing their education) – May 1st deadline
- Francis Taylor Memorial Bursary (open to anyone continuing their education and in financial need) – September 1st deadline
- Lois Laberge Scholarship - (anyone pursuing studies in animal science) – May 1st deadline
- Richmond 4-H Scholarship - (for members of Richmond 4-H and/or pursuing studies in agriculture) – May 1st deadline