RRHS has a long history of being closely tied to its community. In 2011, it received a grant to officially become a Community Learning Centre.
As a Community Learning Centre (“CLC”), RRHS belongs to a network of community schools across Quebec that serve as “hubs” for English-language education and community development in their respective communities. CLCs promote lifelong learning, while enhancing the relationships between schools, students, parents and the community.
Some of our Community Activities at RRHS:
- Community Movie Nights (“Movie Mania Fridays”)
- Parent-Child Mother Goose Program
- Tea & Talk afternoons for seniors
- Educational Videoconferences (Quebec Farmers’ Association, Community Health Education Program)
- Our Vital Community micro-grants program
For more information, please contact our CLC Coordinator:
Siu-Min Jim at 819-826-3702 ext. 24026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Richmond & Region Community Learning Center (CLC), we greatly value our many partners, who actively contribute to student success and community vitality. Without them, many actions carried through the years, would simply not have been possible.
On behalf of the Richmond & Region Community Learning Center, the Richmond community and Richmond Regional High School, we would like to say, Thank you!
Our Community Partners:
- Bishop’s University
- CSSS Val Saint-François
- FIRST Robotics
- Literacy in Action
- Maison de la famille Les Arbrisseaux
- Maxi / President’s Choice Children’s Charity
- Mental Health Estrie
- Movie Mania Committee
- Quebec Farmers’ Association
- Richmond Preschool
- Town of Richmond
- Townshippers’ Association
- Women Institute Group 92
- Youth Fusion
This is an ever-growing list, as new partnerships are constantly developed, and will be updated in time.