RRHS has a long history of being closely tied to its community. In 2011, it received a grant to officially become a Community Learning Centre.
As a Community Learning Centre (“CLC”), RRHS belongs to a network of community schools across Quebec that serve as “hubs” for English-language education and community development in their respective communities. CLCs promote lifelong learning, while enhancing the relationships between schools, students, parents and the community.
Some of our Community Activities at RRHS:
- Lifelong Learning Labs (Welding, Pastry-making, Photography)
- Community Movie Nights (“Movie Mania Fridays”)
- Parent-Child Mother Goose Program
- PJ Story Time
- Educational Videoconferences (Quebec Farmers’ Association, Community Health Education Program)
- Parent-tot Active Fridays!
Click here for the latest newsletter
For more information, please contact our CLC Coordinator:
Siu-Min Jim at 819-826-3702 ext. 24026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Richmond & Region Community Learning Center (CLC), we greatly value our many partners, who actively contribute to student success and community vitality. Without them, many actions carried through the years, would simply not have been possible.
On behalf of the Richmond & Region Community Learning Center, the Richmond community and Richmond Regional High School, we would like to say, Thank you!
Our Community Partners:
- Bishop’s University
- Breakfast for Learning
- Richmond Community Liaison Agent
- CSSS Val Saint-François
- First Robotics
- Kino Quebec
- Lennoxville District Women Center
- Literacy in Action
- Mental Health Estrie
- Movie Mania Committee
- Quebec Farmers Association
- Richmond Preschool
- Town of Richmond
- Townshippers’ Association
- Val en forme
- Women Institute Group 92
- Youth Fusion
This is an ever-growing list, as new partnerships are constantly developed, and will be updated in time.